It’s Time To Write Again


I wanted to start this post with:

“I can’t believe that it’s been almost two years since my last post!”

But the truth is, I can believe that it’s been that long since I sat down and intentionally decided to ignore chores and responsibilities to write. Recently God has shown me that it is a responsibility to use  the gifts that He has given me, no matter how I may plead with Him and others that I don’t have time. Lately He has shown me in several ways how important this responsibility is, even if I don’t understand all the reasons why.

Speaking of time, that is something that seems to truly be slipping away in a much quicker fashion than previous seasons of life. There was a time where I wanted to tell time to “get a move on! I want a husband!” Followed by “Hurry up! I want a baby!”. I have a daily reminder that time has come and gone in the precious little package of an independent, blue eyed beauty with her daddy’s curls and her mama’s drive for life, as well as our wedding date of June 28th which will be here in two short weeks, marking four years of marriage to my best friend.

I now find myself telling time to “seriously?! Will you just slow down for a second?!”, but she just smiles and says something like “no can do lady!”. It is then that I find myself boxing up her baby clothes and her bottles, and having to stop myself from looking at older pictures of her before she could say “mama” and “daddy” and show us where her belly button is located.

As I type this post, there are tears in my eyes as I grieve the time lost trying to fix things that couldn’t be fixed, rather than surrendering to God all that is and all that I am. And then I give a sigh of relief to know that God is sovereign and He allowed it to happen, because, well, He is God.

Years ago, before the current me even existed, I started this blog with the vision of sitting face to face with the reader in a coffee shop with charm; warm, cozy, and restoring to the soul. That is still how I want you to feel. In this blog you will find honesty and transparency in an effort to encourage you to be the same.

My prayer is that this post ministers to someone’s heart and spirit. Future writings will have more of a theme and a direction, but I guess this isn’t too bad for a mama who finally made time.

Comments