Love Won't Leave You Now



Last Wednesday during my "5 freedom hours"  I was driving along the interstate and I tuned into on one of my favorite C.D.'s that I have had for years. Actually, it's not "my" c.d.,  it was given to my mother, but I have developed quite an attachment to the encouraging lyrics in the songs on that c.d.  The c.d. is called "The Mercy Project", and it is a compilation of encouraging and inspiring lyrics for people who are going through a significantly difficult time in life. My mother received the c.d. as a gift from a woman at her church while my parents were going through their divorce. Little did that woman know the power and impact that that gift has given throughout the years.

That c.d. had been "put away" for awhile, but I happened to come across it shortly after a break up I experienced last April. As I was driving to a job that I absolutely hated, dealing so much with the grief and the transition of the lost relationship, I listened to the lyrics as they attempted to encourage and uplift me as I dealt with morning rush hour traffic. Then I heard the following lyrics: 

"Hey, I can see all your dreams lying shattered in your fragile heart, you think your worlds come apart
 Hey, I believe there's gonna be a better day that shines for you my friend, it's waiting around the bend
 You've been dancing on the wire, walking through the fire, thinking you're all alone, but you're not  on your own. There's a faithful hand to guide you, God will always be beside you, all because, He is love and love won't leave you now."- Point of Grace

As I listened to these lyrics, tears welled up in my eyes and opened up this flood gate that I fought in vain to close, as I had to clock in for a long day of work. But the words continued to penetrate my heart, as it captured exactly how I was feeling in that moment. I truly believe that the Lord gives us more sensitive ears for what He wants us to hear. This moment is a perfect example of that truth.

Fast forward several months later and what seems like at least 10 "page turns" in the book of my life.  I tune  into that song, worshiping Jesus with my whole heart. There is a lyric at the end of one of the bridges that says "He was faithful yesterday, and He'll be faithful tomorrow!". When I came to that part of the song, I so vividly remembered driving down main street at 7:45 a.m., dreading to face the day and not sure if I knew how to keep going in the midst of the pain in my heart. I remember the set of scrubs I was wearing, even what earrings I was wearing on that day. I remember how I wiped the mascara out from under my eyes to avoid looking like a raccoon. But most of all, I remember believing, deep down in my heart, that despite the pain that I was feeling and the weight that seemed to be secured to my feet, that His love will not leave me now. That this moment in time is but a breath and God's love and guidance is eternal. 

I am here to tell you right now friends, that we are a day closer to heaven. When the trials, storms and pain of life seem to be weighing down your spirit, remember that "this too shall pass". We were not meant for this world, we are truly an heiress of the King Jesus. This is just a temporary stop on the way to our heavenly home, and His love will not leave you now.

Comments