Face to Face


The other day I was asked a very thought provoking question. "What do you think is the first thing you would do when you see Jesus face to face?". The very first answer that came to mind was the word "cry". I think I would be so overwhelmed with emotion to see my Jesus after all these years. The one consistent, constant, ever present being in my life looking at me with what I picture to be deep, piercing eyes. I believe His eyes alone... such kind, peaceful, "deeper then the ocean" eyes...will bring me to my knees, causing me to wrap my arms around his legs like a small child would do. He would place His strong hand on my chin, and turn my tear stained face to His. 
  
"You've made it my beautiful Sarah. I knew you would, because I knew every step you would ever take before you were born." I picture that I wouldn't be able to mutter much of anything, and I would just continue to look at Him as He would speak to me.
    
"I've longed for this day Sarah. I know it's been rocky journey...I know there were times where you doubted that I would pull through, where you thought that you couldn't handle one more hardship and you wondered if I had left you. But now you see my dear Sarah, I haven't left you, and I never did. I have kept every promise, I have fought every battle and I have taken you to places you've only dreamed of, as well as places that you've never dreamed of, because you couldn't comprehend in your humanity that it was even possible or existed.
    
 I have felt your hand in mine since you were born, and even when you with held your hand from me so that you could try to do things on your own, I just waited for you to give me your hand again. I loved walking with you, and I'm so glad you've walked with me all the way to this point. Now in the glories of heaven and out of the perils of the earthly world; now my dear, dear Sarah, now you will understand my love to the fullest extent.
    

Welcome home darling. Welcome home. "

Comments

Post a Comment