Staying Put=Moving Forward


I find it interesting how God allows us to be in situations that specifically test our faith, according to our backgrounds, personalities, strengths and weaknesses. It is a true fact that God knows us better than we know ourselves; that He has fashioned, shaped and molded us with all the details in mind, and He never overlooks a single factor in that process. What I am learning first hand is that just as God has covered all the details and intricacies in our make up as individuals, so has He placed that same process in the challenges, hardships and testings that He allows us to go through. I guess this isn't such a "rocket scientist" type of break through, but there is a lot of truth in the fact that we don't quite realize such concepts until we are right there in the midst of it.

As I find myself walking through the trenches of this season of life, I am forced to remember the fact that through this process, I am growing. That my relationship with Jesus Christ would be totally stagnant if I wasn't forced to face the fact that there is only so much I can do in my own strength and understanding, and that no matter how hard I try, "staying put" may be God's version of "moving forward". Although I can't feel the movement under my feet, I have to trust that there is movement in my heart towards putting my full and complete trust into the Lord of my life.

In closing, I am reminded of one of my all time favorite quotes from one of my all time favorite heroines. 

"The only safe place is being in the center of God's will."- Corrie Tenboom

Comments