A Christmas Prayer

Just like your daughter Mary
Submitting to your will is a good place to start
but Lord I ask that you enable me to do my part, within my heart.
I can say with my lips that I surrender all
but the real work that takes place is inside of my heart as I heed your call
Help to lay myself aside and to choose to abide
to abide in your peace, to abide in your love.
As you send me through the refiners fire, take me to a place that is higher.
My questions, my thoughts, my every wonder of "why"?
I give to you an offering of tears 
wrapped in faith and given in love
And just as the wisemen followed the star
May I follow and trust you to give purpose to my scars
And in turn, help me to see
That it's not about tinsel, the gifts, family or a decorated tree,
but the only gift that you ask for this Christmas is a bended knee.




Comments