Another Chapter of Trust

I have always loved the season of fall. There just seems to be this "hush hush" element added to nature that only fall can bring. Although we haven't experienced much of the cooler tempts quite yet, the leaves have started changing their wardrobe from shades of green to the warm, inviting shades of red, yellow and orange. I find it ironic that as nature is making a literal transition, I am also making a similar one. In the spirit of that understanding, I am reminded that the transition from fall to winter is one of the most beautiful, breathtaking times in nature. By the grace of God may I see this in my own life as well.

God has officially shut a door, and a few windows are being cracked open a little bit here and there. As of this Thursday, I will be moving from my apartment in Minnesota to my true home with my mother and sisters, until God reveals the next steps in my life. I am experiencing many emotions as so many things are yet to be discovered and understood, but I do hold on to the truth that His "thoughts aren't my thoughts, and His ways aren't my ways".

A friend of mine reminded me the power of being thankful. As I ponder this thought, I am impressed to communicate how thankful I am that I have a hope in something greater and better than myself. I am thankful for the fact that by God's grace and mercy, I am able to look past the confusing and hurtful, trusting and having faith in the unseen and yet the truly visible presence of Jesus Christ in my life.It seems that no matter what season of life we are in, trust is key. God allows things to happen in our lives to give us another opportunity to trust Him on a deeper level than we did the last time. To trust is to allow yourself to be refined, bent and broken. However, God never allows this to take place without transforming it into something beautiful.

Don't you want that? Don't you want beauty? Whether you are a man or a woman, we all want beauty in some form. Whether it be beauty to hold, to take in with the eyes or to hear, it is something we all desire. As a woman, I have always desired beauty. The older I get, the more I realize that the most valuable beauty is given to me when my Father refines, bends and breaks me.

Beauty is trust, trust is beauty. Maybe, it's just that simple.

Comments