Dusty Inspiration

This morning over a raspberry fritter and a "vanilla ice cream" flavored brewed coffee, a dear friend of mine candidly shared with me a shocking, but profound truth. "Sarah, you've lost your inspiration. How do you plan on getting it back?".
How indeed?
After I contemplated that statement, I realized how true it really is. I, Sarah Ardella Green, who has been known for getting inspired over things as simple and silly as a flavored coffee creamer, has lost her inspiration. The comforting thing about something being "lost" is that there is still the possibility that it can be found. And in this case, I know that my inspiration hasn't been stolen by anyone or anything to the point where it is irretrievable. It's just hiding under some thick dust, ready to be blown and brushed off, revealing it's true beauty and color. Yes, that's it. I picture my inspiration to be this beautiful, hand carved cherry wood hope chest, with intricate and ornate carvings of vines, crosses and delicate flowers. Then one day when life got crazy, my inspiration got shoved to the attic. And you know what happens to things that get shoved to an attic; they get forgotten until something triggers the memory that it's still there.
Well, I'm ready to dust off my inspiration and get back to "being Sarah". Not sure what that will look like or the changes that will take place. I hope it takes me somewhere new, as my current scenery is kind of drab. I have been convicted that my inspiration lies solely in my relationship with Jesus Christ. I am able to "be Sarah" when I am completely and totally submersed in my Jesus. A quote that I love is "A woman should be so close to the Lord, that a man must go through Him to get to her heart." That is the prayer of my heart. That is where my inspiration lies.
It's time.

Comments

  1. Sarah, the details and descriptions in your third paragraph are so wonderful. I find you inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment