Praying for Closed Doors


A closed door can represent a myriad of different feelings for people. A closed door that is securely locked can represent being safe, and a door that slams shut and closes in your face can represent emotional pain and disappointment. Something God has been teaching me lately is that instead of praying for open doors, it is wise to pray for the appropriate doors to close. The more I journey in this life, the more I realize how this life really isn't about me.That when we truly submit ourselves to the Lord, the adventure is totally thrilling and the novel that He is writing is truly a page turner. When we desire what He desires for us, those closed doors become a blessing; almost an answered prayer.


Our God will not permanently close doors without a purpose, but it is merely a means of leading us to through the right doors, at the right time. As a single woman, I have viewed dating as being a door that opens and closes, with no lock. However, marriage to me represents a closed door. After that ring is put on my finger and that commitment of "till death do us part" is spoken, that door is locked. Therefore, God has shown me that it is the closed door that will bring peace. Not just in love, but in every other area of our lives. A job, a home, etc. In the past, I've gotten really frustrated, discouraged and somewhat annoyed by the closed doors in my life. But as my desires conform to His desires, it has given me a brand new perspective.

For just as much as I have been praying for closed doors, I have been praying for an open heart. An open heart that is willing to receive whatever my Heavenly Father chooses to put in my path.

Comments

  1. You have a real gift for writing and I enjoyed what I read today. I have no doubt that your bags are packed and desire what God desires for your life. Your a real blessing in this world.

    jonathan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment