Piercing

Easter Sunday 2011 has come and gone, but my heart has been mulling over the truths that my Savior so gently reminded me of in the wee hours of the morning, before the sun had made its appearance.
5:30 in the morning is not a time that I normally get to witness in a house, much less outside. But as I stepped outside after the sunrise church service, I got to witness the sun piercing through the clouds, shooting rays of purple, pink and orange as the clouds began to part.
As I closed my eyes, I felt my heavenly Father speak to my heart, gently telling me that just like the sun through the clouds, has He pierced through the clouds and darkness in my life.
The word "pierce" is a rather weighty word. It isn't lighthearted, but rather indicates something pushing through another object in a somewhat quick, forceful and possibly painful fashion.This world is truly a dark one. It doesn't seem like we can go one day without hearing of a tragedy, encountering a lie, or something equally as painful to the human spirit. God has called us to be "in the world, but not of it." So if we live in a dark world, that would make God and God in us, the light.
As Christians, we are called to be the light in the darkness, but what about our own darkness? What about that darkness that tends to envelope our spirits from time to time, making our world smaller and narrower?
Jesus died to take away the sins of the world. That is a sentence that every single christian can say is true. It is the pinnacle point of our faith. It is a statement that entails so many things, but one of those things is the simple and yet complex fact that He has saved us from ourselves.
Without Jesus, I don't really care to live. To only have the reality of turning into myself, or into the empty ways of the world, isn't enough for me. I know myself fairly well. When I'm turned to myself, it's not a pretty picture. Every fault that I have, every insecurity, every fear and every hurt come full circle, and have no place to break free.
It isn't a wonder that suicide rates continue to rise. When money, relationships, successful jobs and personal fulfillment is all that a person has to hang on to, there is absolutely no hope. But by living for Jesus and acknowledging His perfection in our lives, we can cast ourselves aside and allow Him to pierce through our personal darkness just as the nails pierced through His hands, and the sun pierces through the clouds.
May this truth pierce through your soul and pin your heart to the light and hope of this world, and the world to come.

Comments

  1. beautiful post, and beautiful picture! so appropriate with your description!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment