Falling Apart=Falling Together




I'm not exactly sure where I got this blog post topic. Usually some event or something said triggers me to write, but this time, I think it was purely just the Holy Spirit. It appears that He has something to say, so I'm going to do my best to write what He tells me to. I have always referred to my parents divorce, as well as the events that preceded and followed it, to be the time where things "fell apart". To "fall apart" indicates that something was supposed to go a certain way, and didn't. That some divine order was messed up, or somewhere, there was a "ball dropped". Obviously sin is what causes the verb of "falling apart", but I think that God is showing me that things needed to "fall apart" in order to "fall together".


Isn't this just like God? He is mysterious, unchanging, and unpredictable, and yet His promises, His faithfulness and His love are the only thing that we can depend upon in this life. If things never fell apart, would I still view God as being God? It is a comforting thought to know that from the moment I was born, God knew exactly what kind of events would happen in my life. Why is it that we view the concept of having things "together" in life as being something that is supposed to happen? Is it the pain that we experience when things "fall apart" that lead us to believe that this is unnatural, and that something has been disturbed on the "planet of I"?


The popular country song "God bless the broken road" comes to mind. "Every long lost road, led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were just northern stars. Pointing me on my way, into your loving arms..." This song shares my convictions of how God often allows things to fall apart, because in all actuality, they weren't "together". It is just our human perspective that views if things are really together or not. We determine that, but as Christians, God determines how things must unfold to come together, because our lives only come together under the realization of the fact that we serve a God who unfolds things for reasons and in ways we don't understand. May you come to the personal understanding in your walk with Christ that "falling apart"is necessary for God to truly bring together His plan and purpose for our life.


May you never find yourself in a state of arrogance, thinking that the "detours of life" and pain is a byproduct of disorder, but may you have a peace that the God of order is behind it all, putting everything together in the way He intends. His good, pleasing and perfect will for His children.

Comments