Big and Small, God Covers it All

As I sit in my thoughts, grateful for the fact that I have been able to stomach two glasses of ginger ale and a banana and a half (stupid flu bug!), I feel as if God is intentionally making me stay put in order for Him to really get my attention; to really teach me things that I need to learn. I think I'm past the irritation of the dent that my "paid time off" account is going to take after dealing with all of these sicknesses, and trying to embrace the stillness and the quiet time to read, write and pray. I have been reminded that it is more than my physical body that needs some healing.
 About two months ago, I moved into my new apartment. After months of living in basements, a crazy person's house and an attic, I finally have found a place to call my own. However, the apartment that I've moved into was abandoned and left a complete disaster. I was able to negotiate the security deposit with my landlord if I cleaned and painted everything. Little by little, things are coming together, but life has gotten in the way, as life tends to do. Between some emotional and physical hardships and a 40 hour a week job, my "home" hasn't really gotten put together.Last Sunday, a dear friend of mine asked me how my apartment was coming along. I was honest with her, telling her that most of the painting isn't finished and I'm struggling to find the time and energy to make my apartment into a home. She assured me that she would come and finish the rest of the painting while I was at work. Absolutely grateful for this generous offer, I told her I'd leave my apartment unlocked.
When I got back from work that day, there were two little angels with wings and paint brushes; but as I looked closer, I noticed a bunch of little "touches" in my kitchen. New pot holders, a candle, some dishes and a sweet little prayer book. Then as I went into my newly painted "barely turquoise "bedroom, I was surprised and amazed to see a brand new bed comforter, curtains, towels for my bathroom, a rug, a shower curtain, a piece of art for my wall...and other little "touches" that would help make my apartment a home. After they had both gone, I opened up my fridge to retrieve the milk for my regular dinner of honey bunches of oats, only to find my fridge absolutely stocked with fresh veggies, fruits, coffee creamer, homemade soup, cheese, bread, etc. Just as they painted my walls, touched up my house, and stocked my fridge, so was God doing the same to my weary heart.
Words cannot express what this act of kindness has meant to me. I was drowning in so many things, and here God brings two wonderful women into my life to come along side me, and help me do what I simply cannot do for myself right now. I am in a season of life where I simply don't have the money for "home touches", and rather am lucky if I can successfully afford getting a pair of glasses or making my car payment for the month. In my weariness of "20 something,single and broke", God understood my need and once again met it with such hand crafted love.Prior to receiving that amazing gift, I had received some very promising news/ encouragement from my boss. Basically she told me that the "head honchos" of our company are extremely happy with the work I am doing, and are going to be relying on me a lot to give them direction on how to make our memory care community top notch. Not only that, but they assured my boss that when our community is full and profiting, I will be able to work in memory care on a full time basis.
 Praise the Lord!I tell you all of this in an effort to communicate that if God can take care of little things with "Barely Turquoise" paint, a stocked fridge and positive assurance that you are where you need to be and that He is pleased with the work you are doing, can He not handle those bigger issues that keep up awake at night, wake us up in the wee hours of the morning and take residence in our hearts and minds, fighting hard to make us worry and harbor anxiety for the unknown and the uncontrollable? Friends, our Heavenly Father truly does care about all of the details of our lives. Nothing in our lives is "small" to Him. If it affects His babies, it's a big deal to Him too.

Comments