A Valentine from God

Tonight as I was sifting through my collection of blank cards and stationary, I came across this beautiful "Valentine from Jesus" that was given to me years ago. Every time I read it I cling closer to the truths and promises of God's extravagant and eternal love for His children. May this Valentine bless your heart, and prep your spirit as the month in which we celebrate love and relationships is right around the corner.

My Beloved (insert your name here)
You are my dearest and most loved posession. My heart is filled to the point of bursting with my affection for you. I've longed for nothing more than to hold you in my arms since the moment I first laid eyes on you, that day I fell in love with you. I can remember seeing your eyes for the first time, as they sparkled brightly. You have grown and changed so much from that first moment. I recall the many times you've spoken to me, telling me your hopes, dreams and desires. I remember the hard times too, my precious. Comforting you and wiping away your tears as my heart broke with your own. Do you remember when you first found me? I do, it was the most wonderful moment I have ever known. Since that day you have only grown in beauty. I am proud to call you my own. Your name is engraved on my hands and I have written it in my book forever. I have claimed you with my very life and I will defend you against any harm that comes your way. How can I begin to describe to you how much I love you, and what you mean to me?
I know every thought that has ever entered your mind dearest. I know what you have been thinking and what has been surrounding you this time of year. Above all, I want you to know how much I love you. I will never, ever let you down. When your best friends don't seem to care, when no one understands you, when your parents aren't there to depend on, I am. My strong arms are here to embrace you when you need to be held. My gentle voice will speak to your heart when you long to be comforted. When you are afraid or uncertain I am yearning to give you guidance. When you need a shoulder to cry on I am always available. Any time, day or night, rain or shine, come storms and trials I will not fail you. Only I can make that promise to you. Only I have made the ultimate sacrifice.
What I did for you was not easy. With each step I took up that hill it became harder to face the realization of the pain and suffering I was to further endure. But my mind was not on the blood dripping down my forehead or the splinters scourging my back, it was on you. You are the reason i was there. The pain was unbearable, but I saw your face and kept going. With each pound of the hammer, piercing nails into my flesh they heard me cry out in anguish, but it was not out of anguish (your name), it was out of my love for you.
I know that often times your heart is longing. I've seen the looks in your eyes and heard the sighs you breathe. But do not forget my sweet one that I know what is best for you. The void in your heart can be filled with no one else but myself. I created that gap so that I could slip right in and make you complete. Your longingings are for me even as mine are for you. I paid for the right to fill things longings with m life and out of a love that will never let you down. So for this Valentine's Day I want to ask you one question:
Will you be mine ____?
My love is written in letters of Crimson,
The Lover of your soul,
Jesus

Comments