Reflective Thoughts of Unpredictable Me

Sitting in my favorite spot in my "happy place" with a hot cup of coffee and a mind over flowing with material to write, I find myself quite at home. I like to picture this blog as if I'm sitting across from a close, intimate friend in a cozy coffee shop. This blog started as a place to vent my incessant emotions and make sense of the crazy concept of life, but through the years has turned into a means of connecting with people from all walks of life. What a privilege.
I can't believe it has been over a month since I last wrote. It seems like the last couple months of my life have come and gone with a whole slew of new changes, lessons and experiences. I find it funny that as we grow older, we need to constantly be "catching up" with ourselves. The rate that we grow, change and develop as atomic individuals baffles me. Once you finally get used to being a certain way or doing things in a certain manner, something about you or something in your world changes. I have always taken comfort in the truth that in a world where everyone and everything constantly changes, Jesus remains constant; unchanging, unmoving and permanent. It hasn't been until recently that I've been able to appreciate this truth in the new light of applying this concept to myself, as opposed to applying it to people and circumstances. I always thought I could depend on the predictability of being me; for after all, what human being should know you better than yourself? Recently I have learned that I am no longer as predictable as I thought I was. Thank goodness for an unpredictable God who constantly reveals to us His unpredictable ways and blesses us with His predictable promises.

Comments