Praying For Light



Lately, I've been praying for light. Light to uncover darkness in deception and sin, and the light to see the next part of the path that I'm walking on. Last night as I was driving home, the full moon was so luminescent that it lit up the entire sky, mimicking that of 7:00 P.M. rather than 11 P.M. That beautiful moon lit up everything underneath him, casting a pearlized glow on the ordinary.



Tonight, Mother Nature exchanged the moon for an intense thunderstorm, torrential sheets of rain and wind invading the evening hours. As I drove up the hill to my home, the bright lights on my car revealed just enough of the road for me to see where I was going. As I slowly wound my way around the bend, I felt Jesus tugging at my heart, communicating to me that, just like the intensely lit moon and the bright lights on my car that allowed just enough light to see through the sheets of wind and rain, so does God provide just enough of His light for me to walk through life. Where we need to see, He'll be sure we do. It is in that darkness that we have to trust that soon enough there will be a candle in a window.


2nd Samuel 22:29 says "You are my lamp, oh Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light."


May the God of light and luminosity shine His hope into your soul. May you rest in the truth that that which needs to be revealed is already revealed, and His light will never burn out.






Comments