Seasonally in the Center of God's Will



Anyone who knows me knows that I refer to life in terms of "seasons". I prefer that term over the common terms that describe spanses of time. These terms often include, but are not limited to "years", "times" and "stages". As a result of my creative perspective on virtually everything, these terms do not cut it for me. I don't think that they paint an accurate enough picture then what the term "season" does.


Winter: A season of life that seems cold, indifferent, somewhat hopeless, and yet, can be peaceful, reflective and still, like a blanket of freshly fallen snow over a field in a country.

Spring: A season of life that represents change, a new fresh perspective, "birth" in a physical and spiritual sense.

Summer: A season of life that is full of excitement and sunshine. New love, rekindled passion, new discoveries and various opportunities to be carefree as a child in the summer time; no sense of time, no worries, except making sure that you have as much fun as possible before it's time to go home to mom.

Fall: A season of life that is as colorful and as beautiful as the leaves that change on the trees. A time to learn, grow, be strengthened and refined, comparable to how God strips the trees of the leaves, it is a season of life where God strips us of our pride, our anger and anything else that gets in the way of His hand in our lives.


Regardless as to what "season" of life we are in, inevitably we come to a certain place in that season. Right now, I can say confidently that I am smack dab in the center of God's will, in the middle of my current season of life. Just enough has been revealed and affirmed about circumstances, learning experiences, and hopeful blessings, but God is still leading me through the elements that that season brings. Some of these elements include rain ( confident that God is watering seeds that were planted), blizzards ( being unable to see what is ahead of me, but hanging on to my Jesus in pure faith) and wind ( Being pushed and rocked off my feet, only to have Jesus pick me up again.)


Friends, we are called to embrace the elements of each season, no matter how uncomfortable or inconvenient they may seem. For the creator of each season of life is present in the midst of those elements. So be sure to grab your umbrella and don't forget the mittens and scarf! With the Lord as your weather man, you can brave those elements with confidence, knowing that the forecast calls for sunny days ahead.


Comments