Courageous Trust






Never before have I had to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart" than I have this last year. I've come to realize that I'm really quite a courageous person by nature, which has actually been a slightly shocking personal realization. When I think about the things that I've done, the choices I've made, the places I've lived and the people I've met, I'm baffled at my courage to "take on life". It certainly is not of me.
Throughout this year ( and sprinkled through most of my blog posts,) there has been a reoccurring theme of learning what it means in every sense of the word to trust my Savior with a deep abandon. Friends, I believe that I've finally gone beyond the "Sunday school" childhood mentality; I have had my fill of milk, and I have graduated to solid food.
I've learned that in order to trust God, that means we must completely put ourselves aside; it means we must become extremely quiet, and bring our sense of self down to the lowest possible caliber, so that He can show us in our incapable humanity and sinful nature how much we actually do need Him and desire to see His hand on our lives.
There has been an old "Point of Grace" song that has been in my head for awhile now. The words are so solid and so full of truth.



God Forbid

The more I know your power, Lord
The more I'm mindful
How casually we speak and sing Your name
How often we have come to You
With no fear or wonder
And called upon You only for what we stand to gain

God forbid, that I find You so familiar
That I think of You as less than who You are
God forbid, that I should speak of You at all
Without a humble reverence in my heart
God forbid

Lord, I often talk about Your love and mercy
How it seems to me Your goodness has no end
It frightens me to think that I could take You for granted
Though You're closer than a brother
You're more than just a friend


You are Father, God Almighty
Lord of Lords, Your King of Kings
Beyond my understanding
No less than everything


Amen? Choosing to trust God means choosing to believe that He is trustworthy. It means that we choose to believe that He is capable, powerful, awesome, incredible and worthy of taking residence of every area of our life. May God forgive us for every losing this mentality; for ever forgetting His authority over our lives.

May you experience the transforming power of submitting your will, your pain, your anxiety, your fear, your confusion, your blessings, your money, your job, your dreams, your hopes, your desires, your lover, your children, your family....

To THE provider, THE Sustainer, THE Rock, THE Shepherd, THE Creator, THE Comforter, THE Guide, THE Lover, THE Confidant, THE Healer... THE Lord of the of this world, the Inn Keeper of our hearts and the joy our lives....




Forever, and ever.

Amen.

Comments